Hi, I’m Katie aka: thecyborgmom
~Welcome to my blog!~
A Little Bit About Me
I’m a happily married, suburban mom of two. When I say I’m “just a mom”…that’s me being sarcastic. Being a mom is the most important part of me and it only gets more interesting when you live with chronic pain. Cyborg is a term my son called me after I got my ankle replacement surgery. I’ve also had both my hips and knees replaced. I’m practically the Terminator. I was diagnosed with a genetic bone disease at fifteen (spondyloepiphyseal dysplasia [SED], aka–shitty bone disease). The probability of getting my disease is 1 in a 100,000…so that makes me pretty rare. Living with chronic pain is a challenge, but I do what I gotta do and keep on keeping on.
I wouldn’t trade my life for anything.
Why I Started This Blog
Having just gone through ankle surgery, I realized after being non-weight bearing for almost 2 months, that I could make better use of my time. I decided to start blogging to help others get information that I was looking for myself, and in the process, maybe help someone else out. I’ve come across other blogs that had information on joint replacements and living with chronic pain, but so far, I haven’t come across anyone on the web what has been in the same situation as me. If you’re out there–please contact me!
Did You Know?
I’m not a writer. I was actually a math major in college because that was the one major that was easy for me and I could get away with NOT writing! Disclaimer: Do not expect perfect grammar, clean language, or joyful inspirational shit all the time. I’m a real person dealing with real life stuff.
Fun Facts About Me
- I love Disney World.
- Smutty fiction is my favorite genre.
- I’m a chocoholic.
- I’m not much of a drinker, but I love me some eggnog.
- Rainbow cookies are the most delicious dessert on this earth.
- I was born and raised in New York and still have my accent.
- Anything rock ‘n roll please.
- I love time travel related stories and films…I can’t wrap my head around that stuff and I love that.
- I’m a jeans and t-shirt kind of a girl.
- Among my favorite colors are: turquoise, aqua, and TARDIS blue. Pretty much, I love blue. I wanted to paint my house all different shades of blue, but the kids vetoed that idea. Currently, just the living room, dining room, basement, my daughter’s room (that was like that when we moved in), and my bedroom and bathroom are blue.
Contact Me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Me On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecyborgmom
Tweet Me @thecyborgmom